Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Aggies Shutout the Bucks

Aggies Shutout the Bucks

Tishomingo, Oklahoma - The Rich Mountain Bucks (1-9-2 overall; 1-6-2) were shutout by the Murray State Aggies (12-2 overall; 7-2) in regional competition on Thursday afternoon. The Aggies led by one at the half and went on to score three more to win 4-0 over the Bucks.

The match would begin with MSC maintaining possession of the ball after an early shot by Leigha Wilkinson (Van Buren, AR). The Aggies would fire away 5 shots with 2 being saved by the Bucks keeper, Arcelia Marquez (Lubbock, TX). In the 21st minute, the Aggies would find the back of the net on a corner kick by #13 Alexes Sanchez. The kick was headed by a Bucks defender into the goal. The Bucks would get two more shots by Monica Boyes (Abilene, TX) and Madison Zamudio (Mansfield, TX), but the Aggies would maintain possession for the remainder of the half.

In the second half, MSC looked to increase their lead as Sanchez fired two early shots that were both saved by Arcelia Marquez. However, the Aggies would score from the result of a corner kick. MSC's #20 Juliet Torres connected with an assist by #19 Louisa Boyes. Thirteen minutes later, the third Aggie of the day, #24 Loryn Courville, would find the back of the net to extend MSC's lead to 3-0. The Aggies weren't done and scored on another corner kick in the 71st minute of the game. The goal by #11 Adriana Connor was assisted by #16 Alex Fraser off the corner. The score would lead to the final score, 4-0, in favor of Murray State. The Bucks would respond and get two more shots by Boyes and Zamudio. But, this would be all the offensive production the Bucks could muster. Wilkinson would receive a yellow card near the end of the match.

Murray State had 18 shots (13 on goal) to the Bucks 6 (3 on goal). Arcelia Marquez recorded 5 saves to the Aggie keeper's 2 saves. Bucks' defender Maria Diedrick (Merrivale, South Africa) had 4 defensive saves on the afternoon. MSC had 5 corner kicks to the Bucks 2.

The men's match was postponed the 48th minute due to lightning and storming in the area. The match will be replayed from the beginning on October 22nd in Tishomingo.

The women will be back in action on Sunday, October 13th, at Bearcat Stadium verses Relands Community College. The match is scheduled for 3 pm.